written by Jen #supermom
Here is a list of FUN things to enjoy with your families this summer, from a SUPER fundraiser party to a Hindu lamp ceremony, to a Coney Island sand sculpting contest. There is something (SUPER) for everyone!!!
* Jonah’s Just Begun “Heroes Among Us” Fundraiser (LeFrak Center at Lakeside, Prospect Park): Want to be a true superhero??? Come out and support the event that South Slope Pediatrics is helping host for our little friend, Jonah, on July 23rd from 12-2pm. Your kids will have a blast having their face painted, talking to a costume superhero character and playing in the splash pad while you bid on must-have auction items….all while supporting a truly SUPER cause. Oh, and a full lunch is included! http://bit.ly/JJBHeroes
* Pier Kids Performance Series (Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy): The Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy’s eight week children’s series encompasses culture, science, and literature. The program draws on a wealth of family musicians and cultural groups like the Central Park Zoo’s Wildlife Theater and the Puppetmobile, as well as notable Brooklyn children’s authors to create entertaining and educational events. Activities vary each week and are accompanied by arts and crafts and an outdoor pop-up reading room. Family-friendly activities with the Uni Project and Private Picassos from 11 am – noon. Performances from noon – 1 pm. Repeats Sunday every week through August 7th. For under 10 YO, FREE! http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/event-series/pier-kids-1
* First Discovery for Toddlers (Brooklyn Botanical Gardens): Calling all explorers 2–4 years old (and their caregivers)! Plant a carrot seed, touch a wriggly worm, nestle into a meadow nook to read a story, or create a unique nature craft at special Discovery Garden activity stations designed for toddlers. Activities rotate seasonally. Repeats every Tuesday through August 23rd from 9:30-10:30am (and the garden is FREE on Tuesdays this summer)!!! Ages 2-4. http://www.bbg.org/visit/event/first_discoveries_for_toddlers_summer
* Environmental Education Center Open Hours (Brooklyn Bridge Park): Get to know Brooklyn Bridge Park by visiting the Environmental Education Center’s 250-gallon aquarium filled with critters from the East River, a 10’-scale model of Brooklyn Bridge Park, crafts, a reading corner, and much more! FREE. Repeating every week Tuesdays & Thursdays through November 22nd from 3-5pm. http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/activities/classroom
* Coney Island Friday Night Fireworks (Coney Island Boardwalk): Can’t make the 4th of July fireworks this year? No problem! You can see them every Friday night from 9:30-10pm through September 3rd. For the best seating, locate yourself on the boardwalk or beach between West 10th Street and West 15th Street. http://www.coneyislandfunguide.com/Events/Coney-Island-Friday-Night-Fireworks_6_17_2016-4651.htm
* Youth Summer Programs (BAM): For kids 6-16 years old, the youth summer programs at BAM engage kids with a passion for creativity. Includes musical drama and dance, digital art, creative writing and animation sessions. Weeklong and 2-week programs offer extraordinary opportunities to build skills in a dynamic environment while making new friends. Runs weekly from July 5th – 29th. http://www.bam.org/programs/2016/summer
* Hindu Lamp Ceremony (Pebble Beach, Dumbo): Help bring peace and harmony to our shoreline. Aeilushi Mistry performs the traditional Hindu Aarti ceremony at the park and enjoy a dance performance by a guest artist. Saturday, August 6th from 4-8pm. FREE. http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/events/hindu-lamp-ceremony-1
* Coney Island Sand Sculpting Contest (Coney Island Beach): On Saturday, August 20th, this FREE family event is open to amateurs and semi-professional sand sculpting artists of all ages competing prizes and bragging rights. More details forthcoming at: https://www.facebook.com/ConeyIslandSandSculpting/
Leave a Reply.