AUGUST FAMILY EVENTS IN BROOKLYN!
In the month of August, Brooklyn is an especially quiet and sleepy place, with many folks out of town. Although the amount of special events happening is less than usual, there are definitely fun things going on…you just might have to look a bit harder and get more creative! Let’s explore some of them here, in this month’s roundup of fun family events in and around Brooklyn!
* World Elephant Day (Prospect Park Zoo): On August 12th (World Elephant Day), let’s trample the current Guinness World Records title and create 35,000 origami elephants to honor those lost each year for their ivory. http://prospectparkzoo.com/events/95
* North Slope Summer Strolls (Between Dean and Bergen on 5th Ave): On August 13th and 20th from 5-9pm, come out and play in the North Slope. There will be a rock wall, bouncy house, jugglers, face painting, music, hula hoops, vintage cars and more! http://parkslopefifthavenuebid.com/events/nsss1
* PJ Party at NY Kids Club (125 5th Ave): August is a great time to get out for that special dinner (maybe you’ll actually get a seat at your favorite restaurant)! And NY Kids Club has PJ Parties for our kids every Friday from 6-8pm so you can do just that. For kids 2.5 – 8YO, these parties feature gym exploration, art, story, games, relays and more. All parties include a disco dance party and dinner is provided! $36 per child. http://achildgrows.com/thecalendar/pj-party-ny-kids-club-park-slope-3/2016-08-06/
* Kids to the Rescue (Jewish Children’s Museum, 792 Eastern Parkway, Crown Heights): Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm and Sundays 10am-5:30pm until September 1st. Free with Museum admission. This is your child’s opportunity to engage with an age-appropriate emergency scene and discover the dynamic police, ambulance and fire departments. Climb aboard life size emergency vehicles for imaginative play. Children will also learn to be prepared for emergencies with things like interactive dispatcher phones and “stop, drop and roll” drills. Real life NYPD police & FDNY firefighters will be there to talk to and take photos with. http://www.jcm.museum/page.asp?dept=2005&Article=500
* BK Block Party: Mario the Magician (Corner of Fulton & Bond): On August 13th let the kids party it up while you shop for fresh foods and hand-made gifts from Brooklyn vendors. From 10am-12pm, this features Mario “the magician” Marchese, an artist and inventor who creates his own props with a clever and refreshing integration of DIY electronics and robotics in to his performance. http://downtownbrooklyn.com/events/family-community
* Family Fun with Suzi Shelton (Jalopy Theatre, 315 Columbia Street in Carroll Gardens): On August 28th from 11am-12pm, join award winning NYC family performer Suzi Shelton and various guests as she returns to her favorite venue in Brooklyn for a family show! Sip on a coffee or Bloody Mary while your little one delights in the music, then head next door to Jalopy Tavern for lunch. Kids: $5, Adults: $10, Family: $25. http://www.suzishelton.com/shows/
* Seaglass Carousel (Battery Park, Manhattan): Ready for an adventure and want to do something awesome and unique with your kids? Take the R just a few stops over the river to the new Sea Glass Carousel. Open 7 days a week from 10am-10pm, in this “underwater carousel” the rider sits within iridescent fish that glide around on 4 turntables. With color-changing LED light fixtures and integrated audio systems, “each fish is designed to recall the bioluminescence found deep in the ocean”. $5 per ticket. http://seaglasscarousel.nyc/
And for those super hot days, when you want to be INDOORS….SkipKid put together this great list of playspaces: http://skipkid.com/beat-the-heat-5-indoor-playspaces-that-will-keep-you-cool/#disqus_thread
5/18/2023 03:41:53 am
Niice blog thanks for posting
Leave a Reply.